You are reporters! Writing and reporting on the latest new and issues in early childhood education. Using the course content, you are to compile a set of articles/reports that demonstrate how these early childhood issues may be played out in the current media. For instance…
Breaking news! Headlines!
- Early Childhood Center Refuses Entry of a Physically Disabled Child
- Teachers Protest the Implementation of Assessments in their Early Childhood Classrooms
- COVID-19 Exposes Inequities in Access to High Quality Preschools
- ABC Preschool Develops Unique Approach to Remote Learning
The stories you come up with are completely up to you and your group. Be creative, be thorough, and make the stories come alive! You can present it as a newspaper or even a magazine. Use pictures and make it attractive.
Important information about this assignment:
- This is a group assignment. Groups will be randomly assigned and will include 4 students in each group. Tips for Working in Groups
- You need to come up with 4 interesting stories (one story per group member) that cover the material covered in this course and each story must cover a different issue. Each article should comprehensively cover the topic. (Think of a newspaper or journal article)
- Your final product should reflect a cohesive group project. It should look like a single publication (same fonts, layout and formats)
- Each article/new story needs to include the author's name and references.
- Do not copy directly from the internet (Write in your own words!)
Final Group Project – Reporting the News on Early Childhood Education Issues