Leadership and Management Characteristics Paper
You need to be aware of the intertwining nature of management and leadership as you look for a management position. Traditionally, leadership is viewed as a subset of management. Management without leadership lacks inspiration to drive change. Employers generally include management skills and leadership expectations within job applications and descriptions.
Open your web browser and go to your preferred job search engine to search for a management position within health care. You can also search in your local newspaper or job board. Also, you can use the following keywords when completing your search:
Management positions in health care
Health care administrator positions
Health care management
Write a 700- to 1,050-word summary that addresses the following:
- Using the job description or requirements of the jobs you searched, explain the skills and characteristics required for each of the following:
- Identify keywords found within the job posting that represent a management skill or characteristic.
- Identify keywords found within the job posting that represent a leadership skill or characteristic.
- Explain what characteristics are found in a leader.
- What are the traits of an effective leader?
- How do these traits support you in becoming an effective leader in a management position?
- Examine the relationship between personal characteristics and effective leadership.
- How does an individual’s perspective influence their leadership style?
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your Leadership and Management Characteristics Paper assignment.
ORDER an A++ paper from our Verified MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS: Leadership and Management Characteristics Paper
Resources: Change Management worksheet and Week Five Case Studies
Review the Problem Analysis worksheet you completed in Week Four.
Select one of the solutions you proposed in the Problem Analysis worksheet.
Write a 350- to 700-word summary memo explaining why your solution will be effective in resolving the change/conflict, how you propose to implement the solution, and your role as a leader to manage conflict and create an effective work environment.
Include the following in your summary:
- Summarize the problem and the solution you propose to implement.
- Analyze why you think the solution will be effective.
- Analyze what needs to be considered when implementing the proposed solution.
- Analyze the leadership style that best fits in this situation.
- Analyze the leader’s role in managing the conflict.
- What is your role as a leader and how would you manage this conflict?
- Explain the leader’s role in creating an effective work group when implementing the proposed solution.
Include a references page with your summary.
Cite your references according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.