HCS 446 WEEK 3 Bariatric Unit Facility Planning
Congratulations, you have been promoted to lead project manager (PM) to oversee Bariatric facility additional to the hospital campus. The executive stakeholder is the hospital’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and as the lead PM, you will work closely with the Director of Facilities. You created a team consisting of a cross-functional group of hospital stakeholders and members of the community. As you and your team start to work, you find that the standards for developing a bariatric unit are not as well defined as other units. Your team has several opinions for what this unit may look like and work together to create a presentation that will satisfy the investors’ needs.
As a team, research bariatric units and designing them in a hospital setting.
Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that showcases your team’s facility to the investors. Include the following:
- Analyze essential environmental elements in bariatric facility design that would be important to the community stakeholders.
- Differentiate between the facility equipment and technology used within a bariatric facility for your clinical stakeholders.
- Analyze the use of community demographics and accessibility within facility planning for your bariatric facility.
- Explain to your financial stakeholders the importance of creating a facility based on the needs of your bariatric patients.
- Include images of ideal bariatric facility components in the presentation.
- Note: Image credit is required for images copied from the internet.
Note: The learning team can also create their ideal facility in SmartDraw® to use in their presentation.
Cite at least 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.
Format your Bariatric Unit Facility Planning assignment according to APA guidelines. Include a title page, detailed speaker notes, and a reference page.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your Bariatric Unit Facility Planning assignment.
HCS 446 WEEK 5 Environmental Management in Health Care Facilities
Imagine that you are the manager of a health care facility that is moving to a new building. The new building is being renovated from
a business warehouse. You and your team have been asked to manage one of the internal environmental impacts such as hazardous waste management, fire and safety management, disaster management, security management, or ADA guidelines in the newly renovated building.
ORDER an A++ paper from our Verified MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS: HCS 446 WEEK 3 Bariatric Unit Facility Planning
After a successfully completing the new bariatric facility, your team has been assigned to manage a renovation project from an old warehouse to a medical office building. The discussion of the cross-functional team members reveals their concern regarding topics such as to handle fire safety or hazard waste at the newly renovated facility. The internal stakeholders including the director of facilities and human resources manager are interested specifically in the ADA guidelines.
Note: The term environmental does not relate to the outside environment such as trees and animals.
As a team, research the standard operating procedures for the areas listed below and select an area that you will incorporate into the renovation of the warehouse into the medical office building.
Select one area below to use in your facility and presentation:
- Hazardous waste management
- Fire and safety management
- Disaster management
- Security management
- ADA guidelines
Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation for one of the selected areas in the renovation of your facility.
Include the following in your outline:
- Explain how the five project management process groups would be applied to the planning, design, and construction to incorporate the area you selected above.
- Explain the local, state, and federal legal and regulatory requirements for the area you selected. Consider the following agencies:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Joint Commission
- Your state’s health planning and development agency
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Explain the standard operating procedures (SOPs) that will be used in your renovated facility.
- Consider the stakeholders that may play a role in the SOPs.
- Detail the steps in an implementation plan (Gantt chart) for the area selected above based on the five project management process groups.
- Explain budget planning and cost estimates for incorporating the area you selected into the renovated facility.
Cite at least 5 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.
Format your presentation according to APA guidelines. Include a title page, detailed speaker notes, and a references page.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.