Assignment: Organizational Performance Management
Each Learning Team member must select a different type of health care organization to study for the purpose of this group assignment. Group members compare their chosen organizations to complete the table and paper. Be sure to also submit the Organizational Performance Management Paper and Table developed by each student on the team in preparation for this assignment.
Complete the Organizational Performance Management Table.
Consider the following:
- The main regulatory and accreditation standards that apply to each type of organization and standards that apply broadly to most or all types of health care organizations
- The influence of regulatory and accreditation standards on performance-management systems
- How the performance-management systems affect risk and quality management in each type of organization
- Key areas in the organization that will have direct responsibility for carrying out the day-to-day responsibilities associated with the regulations or standards
- Other areas in the organization that will be indirectly affected by the regulations or standards
- What oversight activities you could use to ensure that the regulatory and accreditation requirements are being implemented and are achieving the desired results
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper in which you:
- Address the similarities and differences among the types of organizations.
- Propose how each organization will monitor performance, achieve regulatory and accreditation compliance, and improve overall organizational performance.
- Describe ways each organization will communicate with leadership to ensure alignment of organizational goals and gain buy-in
from staff to achieve compliance with the standards and requirements issued by regulatory and accreditation bodies.
- Determine how compliance with the regulations and development of risk- and quality-management systems for each type of organization contribute to the organization’s overall performance-management system.
Cite at least 4 sources, three from the University Library and one from either the course textbooks or this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. Prepare a list of all resources used in your research.
Include the Organizational Performance Management Table as an appendix to the paper.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your Organizational Performance Management Paper and Table assignment.
ABC/123 Version X
|Organizational Performance Management Table
HCS/456 Version 2
University of Phoenix Material
Organizational Performance Management Table
Research your chosen health care organization to complete this table. Then share it with your learning team as you collaborate to write your paper. Include your tables as appendixes to your paper.
ORDER an A++ paper from our Verified MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS: Assignment: Organizational Performance Management
1. Provide a name of or link to a specific organization. Summarize key products or services provided by the organization and identify the primary customers it serves.
2. Outline the overall content of the major regulations, accreditation requirements, and other standards that affect the organization. Provide the title, section, parts, or subparts, or the numbering system, etc. of the specific regulations or accreditation requirements. Response should be at least 100 words.
For example: Use of electronic signatures in electronic medical records is equivalent to handwritten signatures on paper; FDA regulation; Title 21 CFR Part 11, Subpart C, § 11.200 Electronic Signature: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/cfrsearch.cfm?cfrpart=11
|Organization Regulations, Accreditation, and Standards|
3. Highlight the effect of each organization’s regulations, accreditation requirements, and other standards on the risk management functions and activities. Response should be at least 100 words.
|Effects on Risk Management|
4. Specify components of performance-management systems—policies and procedures, self-audits, benchmarking, complaint management, corrective or preventive action, education and training, communication, and other mechanisms—to be used by the organization. Response should be at least 100 words.
|Organizational Performance Management Systems|
5. Provide links to any relevant sources that will be useful as your learning team completes the paper.
Copyright © XXXX by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2017 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.